Sunday, April 11, 2010

How Days Become On Summer Breaks

I was a worn-out college kid--I was only in first year when I found my planner fully booked on activities day by day from June to March. I am aware that I lacked proper sleep since I stayed up doing what-have-I's. I am lazy taking in vitamins, that's why bottles of nutrients get stocked up on my share of the drawers in my grandmother's house where I reside during school days.

And finally, when our first school year break came, I was a bit relieved to see few pages of it cleared out with nothing more to do than to think of going to my summer job and, yeah, budget how to spend "wisely" what I have earned.

This is my summer. And these are what I did.

Blog. Just like what I am doing now. It eases my nostalgia for writing which I haven't done in quite a while and recently neglected because the course I am taking in barely needs it. Or so I thought.

Read a good book. Pick up a science book or some novels, or the Bible. Just freshening up on my knowledge.


Learn something new. I'm trying to learn how to edit on Adobe Photoshop. It's one thing I really, really wanted to do. Plus, I've started learning to cook better. It's one thing I used to hate doing.

Got a summer job. I learned to get along with people. I earned money on my own sweat. I can even save up for tuition fee on my next year to lessen for my parents' expenses. At least I helped out.

And when vacation is over, there is a satisfying feeling of having accomplished things that'll contribute to your skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment